“The time will come when Winter will ask you what you were doing all (Spring and) Summer.”
You see that log smiling in that pile of wood about to be burned? Why is it smiling? Why is it oblivious to the impending doom it is about to experience? Perhaps because that little log knows something about itself that the other logs don’t know. Perhaps that little log has learned the secret of being burned without being consumed.
Have you learned that lesson yet?
You’ve worked hard all year. You’ve put in every ounce of energy you can to not be in the middle of winter without a dime to your name…but winter has come and there you are… penniless. The heat of the fire of trouble is singe-ing your clothes. How do you hang on when it seems being consumed by the fire is all that is left? What happened? Where is your hope when all seems lost?
Today I want to offer up 5 keen Insights that hopefully will help you shake off the winter heat.
- Accept the struggle. Rather than fight against the inevitable, allow yourself to see the reality of where you are. Remember you aren’t alone. Allow the struggle to form in you something that helps you get through it. Let it force you to see that there is a higher power you need to run to for help. There is nothing wrong with that. Ask God for comfort and help through the struggle. He’s there.
- Fix what you can. Don’t sit there on your laurels and just expect things to come to you. You’ve got to go out and work for the rewards of a life well lived. Mend the relationships. Drive the Uber so you can get the cash to get your through. Ask for help if you are stuck. Lean on the advice or wisdom of an elder. Read the wisdom of Solomon in Proverbs and the prayers of David in Psalms. Fix what you can. And don’t let your feeling of being inadequate paralyze you from doing what you can.
- Plan for the greater reward. It’s that time of year to start planning your dreams, goals, and ideas. There is the reality of reality that you have to deal with. But set aside time to journal, to time-block your schedule, and make priority for what’s most important. Expectation can only follow adaptation and activation. You must act. You have to do something. So do the next right thing!
- Keep Moving Forward. Just sitting there feeling sorry for yourself isn’t going to produce positive feelings or good results. It will likely drive you into depression and make you worse that you are now. Fight for your own heart. Fight for you family. Do what it takes to keep moving in a forward motion. Reflect, but don’t spend too much time reflecting that you start walking backwards! Use the past as fuel for the future.
- Put your Faith in something Greater than you. This isn’t about getting religious or spiritual. You are already spiritual, even if you don’t think you are. You’re a spiritual being. You were made for something greater than just the grind. The Grind is part of life for sure… but it is the crucible through which your character is formed. Who you are becoming is more important than what you are producing! Faith enables you to reach beyond your own grasp into something infinite and meaningful. That’s why you got into this business in the first place isn’t it?
Meaning is better than money.
Learn the secret of being content when there’s plenty of it or very little.
Contentedness is a missing commodity in this world. Be the kind of business person who hopes with content and leads with courage. Then, maybe then you’ll be one to whom those without hope turn to to find it.Listen to the Rookie Real Estate Podcast on these social media sites: